Pages

Sunday 20 May 2018

My updated Filofax collection and my new hobby planner.



My large collection of Filofax and ring bound planners is an ever changing collection. At my last count I had 75 planners and most of them had an active purpose. Since then I have been having a bit of a change around with what is in each Filofax and how I store my spare inserts and dividers.




I have moved all the personal inserts and dividers into a fabulous shoe box size box from Hobbycraft. (2 for £4.) I chose the boxes with a cool map design on them purely because I like the imagery of maps.  My pocket and mini inserts are in the second box along with spare Filofax rulers. I have kept my spare A5 inserts in the two black A5 Filofax boxes which I already had and deskfax paper is in my desk faxes and A4 in my A4 Filofax. This is purely because I only really have what I need in both sizes.

I have recently managed to get a boxed, orange, Finsbury personal in a charity shop and a thin pocket 4 ring Filofax from the late 80’s, also from a charity shop. I have included a picture of the 4 ring Filofax but not the orange Finsbury. I think the Finsbury needs its own post once I have decided on a use for it.


I also was, very kindly, given a personal purple Malden by a friend just before Easter and I am using it as my diary/main planner. (This will also be included in another post). A couple of months ago I bought an M2 and am using that as a wallet and I also received a beautiful Carpe Diem planner free on the same day. (Again, they will be on another post.)

I need to do a re-count of my planners as I have also given away a few planners too, non branded and Paperchase brand. These are ones I won’t use and I am hardly likely to go short. 

The main reason for today’s post is to show my newly converted sewing Filofax. I was using my zipped, A4 Pennybridge for recipes but have changed the use as it is really better suited for my new hobby. I have taken up dressmaking and altering clothes. This is only for me as I am very new to it and need lots of practice.  

In the rings of my beautiful, blue Pennybridge I have put the printed copy of my sewing machine instructions. (It is do much easier to print the booklet than view it on line.) I have also put a divider marked notes, and have started to put in relevant notes I need for sewing.



There is a big pocket in the Filofax where I have put the two dress patterns which I have bought so far and a smaller pocket containing the DVD which goes with the sewing machine.  There is a long pocket behind this where I am storing warranty details.

A new hobby definitely warranted a change of Filofax and this is perfect for my sewing notes. I may also set up another smaller Filofax to list possible dressmaking projects and ideas. I haven’t yet decided which one so I will work on that. I may use an A5 as it will contain pictures and maybe material swatches.




Coming soon on Orangecoffee69:

·        My new hobby..... Up-cycling clothes, altering clothes to fit and dressmaking. (Including before and after pics).
·        Inside the bag.... an in depth view of the contents of a handbag of the not rich or famous. J
·        Updated Filofaxes...... as mentioned in this post.