Pages

Friday 8 June 2018

GDPR .....stop yawning, it has to be mentioned...... and how it effects my readers.


Hello lovely people. This may be a dreadfully tedious subject, but it is sadly necessary. 

In this day and age of reliance on electronic devices and the major headache of lost, stolen or sold data, the Data Protection Act has been totally overhauled. We now have GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). This has caused major headaches for smaller organisations and will probably not stop our data being sold or stolen. 

I do believe in personal  responsibility in that we must be careful what we sign up to. If you sign up for a quiz on Facebook and agree to the app having access to your data,  then don't whine when they then distribute it...... that is what you agreed to!  However, I don't think anyone has the right just to use or profit from our data, that is wrong.

So, how does this effect my blog. To be honest, not a lot. I think I have all bases covered and will update  this post as necessary.

  • All the people I have written about in my gig or business reviews have given me permission to do so.
  • In all other pieces I have not used identifiable data. So basically I have mixed fact and fiction to create unidentifiable characters. (This is especially true in posts like "You Couldn't Make it Up- 7 Disastrous Dates." By mixing up the traits of certain people they could not now be identified even by themselves.
  • I don't have my comments open so no one else has input in my blog.
  • If you sign up for email notifications of my posts, this is totally run by Blogger and I have no knowledge of who use this facility. Blogger will have their own GDPR policy.
  • If you search for my blog under any search engine, their GDPR will cover your search as, again, I have no control over search engines.

My blog is basically for fun and not profit, I do not have adverts and anything I review is because I like it and no other reason.My blog has absolutely no connection to my work and I don't discuss my work on here.

If anyone had any questions please feel free to email me at saraorange69@gmail.com