Pages

Monday 6 December 2021

Human comedy Christmas pudding versus weight loss.

The weight loss journey I hoped for is rather off track. I have now put on another 3 pounds making me the heaviest I have ever been. This is not good at all, in fact it is a disaster. I feel physically and mentally uncomfortable. Yesterday I realised that I don’t even like most of my clothes and that is something I haven’t felt for years.  It’s a sad fact that I only like 3 dresses that I can actually wear, and that does not make me feel good at all.

However, As I have said many times before, I am the only person who can actually get myself out of this funk, no one else can do it for me. Admittedly having a personal trainer to shout at me might help, but that is not something I can afford so I need to get a grip. I have had a flash of motivation today so shall see where it leads me. 

As it is now only a few weeks until Christmas I can either give myself a goal of losing a few pounds before Christmas Eve or hire myself  out as a human replica of a Christmas pudding. Now I am sure there are some work opportunities out there for the human pudding, but I already have a full time job so I suppose I should try the weight goal instead.  🤷🏼‍♀️

So how am I going to do this? How am I going to turn this around? Many would say that I should wait until the New Year,  but I am not the type to start a diet in January, that is far too normal and conformist. Also how much weight could I put on between now and January the first, rather a lot I think as giving myself permission to stuff my face is the last thing I need. 

Now I do know that with my abilities in the world of accidental slapstick comedy, I would probably make a hilarious Christmas pudding. Me in a costume that inhibits my natural spacial awareness could only lead to comedy gold and a level of hilarity not seen since The Chuckle Brothers tried to move a piano. 

I think, given the fact that my weight gain is making me physically and mentally uncomfortable and I am worried about my health, I need to make a huge effort to be sensible between now and Christmas.  Playing Russian roulette with your health is a really stupid thing to do so I am rather angry with myself. I have had a spark of motivation tonight so am putting that to good use.

I shall do a  Christmas Eve update and see how much weight I have lost. 🙈