Pages

Friday 8 October 2021

Eat Less, Move More.......My Candid Weight Loss Diary..... holiday eating and reversing the gain.

What can I say....all you can eat breakfasts are not good for me; they are tasty but not healthy. I went away with family for 4 days and hotel living was rather nice; not having to cook, wash up, clean etc for a few days was lovely. Sadly eating out has taken it's toll on my weight loss. It is no longer weight loss but weight gain. It was unfortunate timing that I came back a day before weigh day but it just reinforced that I need to eat less.

I may have gone to the Cadbury outlet shop while I was away but we shall never speak of this again. 🙊

                

Date

Weight

Notes

Total loss so far

10th  July 2021

176 pounds  (79.832 kg)

 

 

17th July 2021

174 pounds (78.925 Kg)

2 pounds lost

 

24th July 2021

174 pounds (78.925 kg)

No change

 

1st August 2021

173 pounds (78.471kg)

1 pound lost

3 pounds (1.36kg)

1st September 2021

173 pounds (78.471kg

No change

 

1st October 2021

178 pounds (80.7394)

Gained 5 pounds

OOPS


I have decided that instead of sitting here being miserable and negative about the weight gain, I shall chalk it up to a good holiday and move on.  I need to be proactive and I need to consider how I can boost the weight loss. 

The first thing is clearly to eat less and stick to the healthy foods. I know exactly what to eat and what not to eat but I am not always as sensible as I should be. It is hard to say no to cake and biscuits and things that taste delicious. 

Knowing that I shouldn't be eating things doesn't make it any easier. I end up with a weird obsession that I am being deprived and think about what will I do if it's 11pm and I don't have that thing I am craving. To be brutally honest I can damn well go without; I won't die without a Kit Kat or a muffin or whatever else I feel like at the time. Chances are that whatever I buy will be gone way before I would be likely to have an actual craving.

I also get very good at sneaking around buying and eating things secretly. This is psychologically so bad for me or anyone, to be honest. I have decided that if I want something I will eat it. As an adult I am old enough and ugly enough to make choices. 

As well as going back to the healthy foods I will be getting an exercise bike that is suitable to use at home. I was worried about making too much noise with exercise equipment as I live in a flat, but this one is almost silent. It is very generously being given to me so I will need to make the most of having it.

My worst fault with overeating is telling myself I will have a treat before giving up sugar, I can do this multiple days in a row. The day I  give up sugar again has become as mythical as a sparkly, talking unicorn. I do lurch between the idea that giving up sugar totally is the way to go and the other option is to have occasional treats. I think a brain transplant would help.

So I clearly know what to do but seem to be incapable of doing it. Now is the time to be tough on myself. I don't want to be the fat one wherever I go; I want to be the size 12 with fabulous clothes that I was in 2018.

I apologise for sounding like a stuck record. When I weigh myself on the 1st November I will have positive news to report.